Dental bridges are non-removable dental appliances that are used to replace a missing tooth (or teeth). A bridge can be used for many reasons, including to:
- Fill any gaps left by absent teeth
- Retain the natural shape of your face
- Prevent the teeth shifting caused by extra space
- Replace a partial denture
- Restore full functionality to your bite
- Promote a healthy, beautiful smile
Dental bridges are comprised of two crowns which go over the abutment teeth, next to the gap. Between the crowns, an artificial tooth-known as a pontic-is placed. This tooth functions and looks like a natural tooth. The best part is that when you smile, no one will see that you have a dental appliance! Please call Dental Care at Dr. Phillips to schedule your next dental appointment to learn more about dental bridges!